MARKET ENTRY ADVISORY
Every successful company regardless of its industry aims to enter new markets abroad and expand it global portfolio. Just as there can be different motivations driving the interest in entering new markets (such as creating alternatives for existing markets that have reached maturity, expanding the customer base, accessing strategic assets, increasing foreign currency revenues), there are also different methods for doing so (exporting, foreign direct investment, franchising, licensing, etc). Whatever the motivation or the mode of entry is, entering a new market overseas necessitates a multidimensional strategy to be formulated and effectively implemented. Independently from their industry, product range or scale, companies have to have a strategy of long term sustainability rather than short term gains, in order to successfully enter a new market in a foreign country.
Atlı Global assists companies that aim to open up to new markets by helping to formulate and implement their market entry strategies, and we equip them with result-oriented road maps that are based on data, research and field experience, with solutions that are concrete and practical, and in full compliance with the client’s objectives and priorities.
When working on our clients’ market entry strategies we aim to answer the following questions:
- What is the most suitable mode of market entry for the company that aims to enter a new market abroad?
- In which countries is there a high demand for the company’s products? Should the company target all of these countries within a large portfolio, or should it focus on a particular country, or perhaps even a specific region of that country?
- How can the targeted market(s) be positioned within the wider global strategy and vision of the company?
- What is the level of demand in the market(s) that have been identified? What do the numbers say here?
- What is the potential customer profile like? How are his/her preferences shaped?
- What is the profitability level and to what extent can sustainability be foreseen in this respect?
- What is the level of competition in the market? Who are the competitors? What kind of lessons can be drawn from previous stories of success and failure?
- What is the likely cost of market entry considering the targets specified and the mode of entry selected?
- What are the key parameters of the business environment in the particular country? What are the challenges and difficulties caused by regulations? Are there other barriers against market entry?
- Are there any incentives or support available for entering the particular country’s market?
- Does the company have enough capacity to enter this market? If not, in which areas are improvements and capacity building required?
Entering a new market abroad is a challenging yet also highly rewarding processes. We will accompany you along the road…